Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Welcome to my Blog!



Here is a little about my background:


After graduating from college and getting my teacher credential in Math, I started working for SBCC Continuing Education in the Fall of 1990. From 1990 to 1999, I worked the Office Skill Center Lab as both a lab assistant and instructor. In Spring Quarter of 1992, I began teaching computer courses. I am currently teaching both PC and MAC courses ranging from beginner to advanced levels. Occasionally, I teach a course for Santa Barbara City College credit division.

This Fall, I am teaching for the Center of Life Long Learning - Windows 8 Overview. This course is for those struggling with Windows 8 or just curious. I give tips and tricks and methods for surviving the changes to Windows. Windows 8 is here to stay, and new changes are on the way.

I also apply my computer skills to genealogy. I got hooked on it when I went to Sweden in 2004 to visit Brattfors where my maternal grandfather was born. Basically, I started researching more my family heritage. Then next thing I knew, not only did I have my own research but I inherited research done by many of my relatives. I a member of both the Santa Barbara Genealogical Society and the Southern California Genealogy Society in Burbank. I make a point of trying to attend SCGS Jamboree every year and I listen to a number of genealogy podcasts with the hope of finding ways to break down my “brick walls”.

For the last couple of years during the Spring, I have been teaching Genealogy Goes Digital. In this class, we explore ways to bring genealogy research into the computer age.

I look forward to posting my next blog.

Norma

No comments:

Post a Comment